BKS Rechtsanwälte AG
A team of specialists –
We offer advisory and legal procedural expertise for our Swiss and international clients in all aspects of intellectual property, unfair competition, media-, entertainment-, domain-, information technology and data protection law. We provide both forensic and advisory services. We are an IP Boutique in Berne, founded in 1998.
Areas of specialism
- ZStrategic advice and support in all IP matters (in particular trademarks, design and copyright)
- ZAdministration of IP Portfolios, including renewals and monitoring of trademarks and designs
- ZDesign & Trademark prosecution and litigation
- ZCopyright & Patent Litigation
- ZDrafting and negotiating contracts in all IP, IT and data protection matters
Admission to the bar 1993
1993 – 1996 working as an attorney focusing on liability and contract law in a major law firm in Biel (BE).
1997 – 2001 legal staff member of the ombudswoman for private insurances in Zürich.
Since 2002 partner at BKS Attorneys Ltd.
Co-author of a commentary on Swiss and international design law (1st edition).
Lecturer (since 2004) on information technology law (in particular contract law) and data protection law at the Bern University of Applied Sciences (BFH) in Biel and Bern in the following programs:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Medical Informatics
Certificate of advanced studies (CAS), legal issues in CAS IT Security Management, CAS Cloud Computing and CAS Regulatory Affairs in Life Sciences
Conducting workshops for companies and practitioners on the topic of data protection and IT law.