Rossbach & Beier Rechtsanwälte
Rossbach & Beier is a boutique firm of experienced lawyers. We have over 20 years of specialized experience in Intellectual Property Law, Copyright law, IT and media law. Having spent many years as partners in internationally focussed firms, we know that our clients count on personal relations, speed and practical skills, beyond top professional and legal competence. We are glad to offer all this with the efficiency of an IP/IT boutique serving both national and international clients.
Dietrich Beier is co-founder and partner of the firm Rossbach & Beier Rechtsanwälte in Munich, Germany. He was born in 1966, is married and has two sons. He works in English and German.
- ZDomain name law, e-commerce, data protection and software copyright law belong to his special interests
- ZPanelist in domain name arbitration proceedings of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the new Chech Arbitration Court Praguefor .eu domain name and also in UDRP proceedings
- ZMember of a preparatory team advising the Chech Arbitration Court on the frame work and drafting of the procedural rules for the Court´s Alternative Dispute Resolution proceedings for the new top level domain name .eu
- ZMember of the advisory group of the Chech Arbitration Court.
- ZServing for several years as the chairman of the IT Law group Europe.
Publications on IT-Related subjects
Based on his considerable professional experience in this field, Dietrich Beier published a number of books with a focus on IT, i.e.
- ZDomain name law ("Das Recht der Domainnamen", 2004), which covers the legal situation in Germany as well as in 40 other jurisdictions and has received excellent reviews from within the IP and IT community,
- ZInternational IP law (“Festschrift für Jochen Pagenberg", 2006),
- ZSoftware license law ("Licence agreements" by Dr. Jochen Pagenberg and Dietrich Beier, 6th Edition, 2008) and contributed to a
- ZHandbook on Information technology (Lehmann/Meents: Handbuch des Fachanwalts für Informationstechnologie, Carl Heymanns, 2008) with a chapter on domain names, 2nd edition in preparation.